The most requested thing for dinner around here? Noodles. With butter.

Monday, July 13, 2015

More future than ever dreamed of...

There are a lot of things to do in Seattle when you are a mom waiting for kiddo to be finished with computer camp every day.  I decided that I would do one touristy thing a day and that the rest of my time would be spent on the lovely lawn of the Seattle Center- reading and resting and getting some vitamin D (yes, it was sunny!).

On Tuesday, I went to the Experience Music Project Museum, or EMP as the locals call it.  This is a museum that is dedicated to pop culture- mostly music, but also sci-fi and other expressions of pop culture, including a really interesting exhibit on the Seattle Seahawks.  I didn't realize it, but Tuesday was their 15th anniversary and they were partying big with extra displays and costumed entertainers and they gave away free guitar picks, birthday hats, and cake.  Cake!

As I explored the museum, I realized that Abs would really enjoy some of the exhibits and so after her computer class, I brought her back to see the coolness.  I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story...

THE BUILDING










The model of the building- not a 90 degree angle in sight.
THE PARTY






Princess Leia was helping two Jedi set up a display.  Seems to me they could have just used the Force...
Be yourself.  If you can't be yourself, be Boba Fett.  Always be Boba Fett.

I wonder... is it...
Yup!  Bigger inside!





Scotty, I need. More. Power.
The cupcakes are almost gone.
THE STAR WARS EXHIBIT- THE POWER OF COSTUME
The traveling exhibit will be leaving for NY in October. 






VIDEO GAMES- THEIR CONCEPTION, DESIGN, MUSIC, ETC.



I knew this would thrill her little computer brain!
THE CREATIVE GENIUS OF CHUCK JONES (BUGS BUNNY, ETC.)







SOUND BOOTHS AND COMPUTER GUIDED INSTRUCTION ON KEYBOARD, GUITAR, AND DRUMS.

I learned to play Louie Louie.  Wanna hear it?
 STORYTELLING WITH SCI-FI. FANTASY, AND HORROR (we skipped the horror)








THE SEAHAWKS





 THE HISTORY OF THE ELECTRIC GUITAR
It was too dark to take pictures of the displayed instruments, but the history of the electric guitar is really interesting - plan to spend at least 15 in this one exhibit.

There are a few other exhibits- one dedicated to Jimi Hendrix and one all about the history of the grunge rock band Nirvana, but those didn't really interest Abby and that's fine with me.

Afterward, we headed back to the ferry for the relaxing ride back to our nest in the basement. We didn't see any orcas.